About This Role:
The Cloud Operations team is comprised of
engineers responsible for the tools supporting the infrastructure of the University. Our team culture empowers you to take ownership of your
work and its outcome. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated individual to work with an innovative team. We are looking for
candidates who can work collaboratively to resolve problems and have a high tolerance for complexity and ambiguity. You must have a very
deep understanding of various IDM, cloud and on premises infrastructure tools and technologies. This is more than a hands-on technical and
management role, you will be expected to take charge of problems, and take the initiative to design, recommend, and deliver solutions. We
have the team that has a strong desire to learn, innovate, research and apply new technologies and methods as needed. We are looking for
candidates who enjoy mentoring teammates and developing those around them.
Job Responsibilities include:
Cloud Technologies team
- Provide leadership to support, grow, and empower the teams responsible for supporting
on-premises compute servers, cloud strategy, public cloud IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, data engineering, and batch operations, site reliability
engineering for the university.
- Drive strategic change and cohesive teamwork across group personnel, developing their skills and
capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting capabilities to address new needs and skill
- Implement and manage both on-premises and cloud server infrastructure life cycle management status reporting, metrics and
- Drive a clear strategy for scaling product operations in the Public Cloud.
Identity and Access Management Services team
- Leads the enhancement process for the Identity Access Management (IAM)
- Leads program design review working directly with customers and business owners on the integration requirements including
provisioning, de-provisioning, and user lifecycle into the IAM platform.
- Drive strategic change and cohesive teamwork across group
personnel, developing their skills and capabilities to meet the needs of the organization, as well as building on existing recruiting
capabilities to address new needs and skill gaps.
- Develops strategic road maps for the Identity Management systems and
- Develops enterprise-wide standards for identity and access management.
- Consult with business units when
implementing access levels for new systems.
- Leads the team in creating and maintaining the architecture for IAM systems.
Lead Cloud Center of Excellence(CCoE) to support K-State’s cloud-first infrastructure initiative
and review metrics for CCoE progress, report progress quarterly to OneIT Leadership team.
- Document, communicate and encourage best
practices for accelerating adoption of cloud service across the enterprise.
Manage Infrastructure portfolio
- Serves as management advisor using a high-level of discernment and judgment to address a wide variety of interrelated
subject matter, that can include financial, contractual, programmatic, or other program office focus areas, requiring specialized ability to
correlate and corroborate information into reports and records.
- Attends high level meetings as a senior authoritative
representative of IT programs. Provides a wide range of substantive oral and written presentations and reports to internal and external
- Develops and implements overall program requirements based on new or revised legislation and university initiatives.
Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of program requirements throughout the lifecycle.
- Makes determinations on resources to
accomplish program objectives and applies technical expertise to various levels of operations. Advises on distribution of work and
priorities of efforts.
Provide Strategic and operation leadership support to the OneIT Leadership group
- Collaborate with Stakeholders to standardize Application architectures and practices.
NOTE: This position is
eligible for remote work. The candidate selected for this position may work remotely subject to an approved telecommuting
agreement, which is reviewed and approved annually. Candidate may, on occasion, be required to report to campus due to operational needs for
meetings, trainings, or other activities. Remote work requires successful candidates to possess their own high-speed internet to perform the
work on a university provided computer
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits
package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits
are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and
cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree
years of relevant experience
- Masters’ degree + 3
years of experience from an accredited institution (preferred in computer science, information systems, business administration or related
- Three to five years of leadership responsibility in managing multiple, large, cross-functional projects and influencing
senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods, supplemented by a practical
knowledge of accounting theory, concepts, and practices, and of auditing techniques
- Expert communicator to influence acceptance of
new methods, work procedures, organizational relationships, etc., that affect the basic content and character of operations, relationships
with other groups, and overall mission goals
- 10 or more years in IT and business/industry
- Ability to identify ways to
improve effectiveness of work methods, procedures, distribution of work assignments, management controls, information and documentation
systems, and similar functions
- Applied knowledge in analyzing procedures, organizational structure, and other subjects of
management that are characteristically unstable, wide in scope, and composed of many high-level, complex tasks
- Ability to represent
Kansas State University, as an analytical expert, within and outside the university, and to resolve different and entrenched viewpoints
- This position is eligible for remote work and must be located within the
United States in order to comply all with all Federal, State, and local payroll withholding taxes and wage requirements.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
Please submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest addressing how your skills and experiences
match the qualifications listed in this position announcement
- Three professional references including titles,
contact information, and professional relationship to the applicant
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins on June 23, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 100,000 – $ 125,000 annual
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity
Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement :
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas
State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.