Senior Engineer – Back-end (Python)
Your mission in the team:
Luko’s mission is to protect homes while providing the best user experience. You will be in charge of that mission by working on our insurance and partner services.
By joining our back-end team as a Senior Engineer, you will make an impact by:
- Designing and building high-quality and scalable software services
- Helping and coaching other back-end engineers
- Having full ownership of your work from design to operations
- Collaborating with other senior engineers in finding the most pragmatic solutions to the problems at hand
- Taking active part in various discussions in the BE guild
- Being a happy Lukoum :-)!
We have huge ambitions and we rely on you to help us make a difference for our users thanks to your technical knowledge and experience. 💪 We are very proud of the speed of execution at Luko. It is a key to our success and we count on you to pursue this through rigour and creativity.
Here are the back-end technologies we use – Python3, Flask, SQLAlchemy, AWS, Lambda, ElasticBeanstalk, Zappa, S3, MySQL, InfluxDB, Gitlab, CI-CD, Docker
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Who are you?
- You have 5+ years of experience in building scalable back-end systems with the DevOps culture in mind
- You are an expert in Python 3 with broad experience using different frameworks, especially those that are in use at Luko ☝🏽
- You have experience building scalable systems and you are at home with designing and building micro-services.
- You have knowledge of the code quality best practices (tests, continuous deployment, …)
- You are pragmatic, open-minded, autonomous and able to get others along with you.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English
About the Company
Luko is the fastest growing Insurance in Europe and France’s #1 Neo Insurance.
Today, Luko’s mission seems obvious: to transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
Beyond the protection of individuals, insurance must serve society. It should be an ally to the planet and to its environmental issues.
We believe that insurance must be simple, transparent and useful.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience. Luko is not just about insuring, but also about preventing issues. We are building the best AI-powered technologies to avoid accidents in every European home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 300,000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 200+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion and diversity within the teams.
Are you ready to join our journey?