Senior Full Stack Engineer
Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code. We’re ~70% backend (Python only) and ~30% frontend.
Develop new and improve existing features, make performance improvements, maintain and fix bugs.
If a new feature development takes a week, we don’t mind spending another 2-3 days for refactoring and getting it right. On top of that, we don’t mind spending another week on writing automated tests.
Things you might like
- Small team – room for input, short decision-making processes
- Code testing and quality reviews so we can continuously and automatically release new versions
- Varied responsibilities: server/client side, code, test, maintain, review, deploy
- Free to move: while we are based in the New York City/Southwest Connecticut area, this can be a 100% remote position
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Fluent in English, written and spoken + U.S. work permit
- Real projects experience in Python (5+) and Django (2+)
Nice to haves
- Version control tool skills
- Clean code base covered with tests. It is not a problem if you haven’t used Unit testing or CI yet. We will get you on board quickly
- 7+ years in professional software development
- experience obtained on larger projects has an extra value for us
About the Company
Media Predict is a media and marketing research company that utilizes prediction markets – in tandem with complimentary research methods such as custom surveys and online dial testing – to generate primary market research for consumer-facing industries, such as media, consumer packaged goods, technology, financial services, and restaurants. It does this in countries throughout the world. The company has developed and operates online game sites in North America and Europe as part of its research infrastructure.