Senior/Lead Python Developer for a new cyber security platform
A Senior/Lead Python Developer required to code the back end development and data pipelines for a cyber security platform. You will join an agile team and will work with a small remote team of developers and architects to undertake rapid code development.
- FULLY REMOTE working from ANYWHERE in the world, any location considered however the ideal candidate should be able to partially collaborate during core USA business hours.
- Rate: competitive (contract role, approximate daily rate is 300-400$, but if you are our perfect candidate, we are willing to negotiate a rate suggested by you)
- Start date: ASAP
- Contract length: initial 6 months contract with possibility of extension (estimated project length is 2-3 years)
- Coding the back end data pipelines for the platform
- Solution finding approach (not following the scripts, but suggesting “hat we can do to solve this issue” approach)
- Troubleshooting and problem solving broken code and system errors
- Oversight and code reviews of the output from other less senior members of the team
- Advising the architecture team on implementation best practices
- Working with front end developers
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Significant Python 3.x experience (writing Object Oriented Python code) (5 years+).
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, an ability to think outside of the box, demonstrable through project experience.
- Python web frameworks.
- PostgreSQL exposure.
- Awareness of AWS and/or other cloud technologies.
- Comfortable with working in a Linux environment.
- Go (Golang) development experience (will be a plus, as the platform was initially built on Go, now is being moved to Python).
- Experience in building microservices using the Python tooling ecosystem.
- Awareness of the DevOps process – managing CI/CD pipelines, containerisation and automation (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
The ability to communicate exceptionally via videoconferencing is essential, to deliver meetings, presentations and reviews.
About the Company
Creating an advanced Cyber security ecosystem, risk management platforms, 20 years of experience in IT sector