Senior Level Python Engineer for FT Remote Work
We are looking for a creative, friendly and communicative individual who is passionate about building modern websites and apps using Django and Node JS. Deep experience in both of those is important to us.
This would be a minimum 12 month full-time role with Magnet. Starting as a contractual role, it has an option to become a salaried full time position at Magnet, if desired.
Role and tools
- You would be tasked with helping to design and build education chatbot software for an exciting startup we work with, write code in Django and some Node JS, design, write and consume APIs, configure and migrate databases, build interactive reports and more. This is a full-stack role with 80-90% of the work done in a Django Python environment.
- Tools include Jira, Confluence, Gitlab, AWS, Kubernetes, Celery workers, Cypress tests and a few other things.
- We meet for daily stand-ups over video chat to discuss production issues.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Strong written and spoken English
- Minimum 5 years of advanced experience building systems-critical components in Python
- Minimum 2 years of Node JS experience
- Enjoy talking through problems over video calls
- Video capabilities and stable internet connection
- Daily morning availability during EST timezone for team collaboration and meetings
- NDAs, contractor agreement/employment agreements may be required
- 30 minute technical test and video interview(s)
Please follow the URL below to fill out the application form.
About the Company
Magnet is a full-service web design and development agency based in Cincinnati with a remote-first team based in the North America and Europe. Our story began in London in 2004, specializing in ecommerce websites, and slowly expanded to cover all professional services, marketing campaign sites, web apps and other industries.
Today we call Cincinnati our home and have a range of clients from large, well known entities such as UCLA, McGraw Hill, Ikea, HGTV and more, to smaller startups and professional services companies around the US and overseas.
Our ethos is on combining classic design with modern web layout techniques, animation, typography and effective UX to produce websites that engage, perform and delight.
Our team is small and mostly self-managing. While we value hierarchy for decision-making, we value our individualism and ability to own each part of a project we work on, while collaborating as a team to improve everything we do. Communication is extremely important to this process.
We believe in fair, equal employment, competitive compensation and investing in the development and happiness of our team.