# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Staff
Type: Regular Full-Time
Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study, including
computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health professions and
medicine; IT and digital technologies; management; communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy and sustainability. A
nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide. The
university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as
programs around the world.
New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give
all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 alumni
comprise an engaged network of doers, makers, and innovators prepared change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
New York Institute of Technology seeks a Senior Operations Specialist for the Office of Information Technology located at the Long
Island, NY (Old Westbury) campus. The Sr. Operations Specialist reports directly to the VP of Information Technology and CIO.
The Sr. Operations Specialist provides a wide range of operational, financial and project management support to Vice President of
IT / CIO in a complex and constantly changing IT environment. Duties include, but are not limited to, those typically provided by a project
assistant in addition to the services, support and technical knowledge required to operate effectively in a diverse IT
- Serve as confidential assistant to the VP for Information Technology/CIO and other IT
Directors as needed; format, process, file and/or review confidential materials, budget/project request information and other financial
documents. Prepare and/or review supporting documents for VP’s review and signature.
- Evaluate and triage incoming
requests for the VP for IT/CIO; respond, redirect or forward to VP as appropriate.
- Research and prepare ad hoc
analyses/reports; assist with IT project support activities as needed.
- Maintain departmental budget records (operating,
capital and special project); assist department’s management team in the preparation of quarterly and annual budget reports/analyses; ensure
purchases for and from other departments are processed accurately and in a timely fashion; perform regular budget reconciliation between
departmental records and enterprise financial system and resolve discrepancies.
- Research and prepare materials for
meetings, including collecting or creating meeting agendas; take comprehensive meeting minutes; maintain logs and records of follow-up
activities and proactively follow-up on such activities; manage VP for IT/CIO calendar; coordinate meetings as
- Coordinate arrangements for in-person and/or virtual meetings; coordinate logistics for the various programs
and events sponsored by IT to include the coordination of calendars, room reservations, food ordering, AV support,
- Develop and/or review internal communications and information briefs for distribution to various University
- Assist with the preparation and processing of routine documents including, but not limited to,
requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, department transfers, expense reports/reimbursements, and accounting documents used in the
administration of departmental budgets; handle confidential and legal documents with the utmost discretion; assist VP for IT/CIO and other
IT Managers with staff recruitment, hiring and onboarding activities.
- Assist with the review and processing of 3rd
party IT vendor services/contracts (applications, hosting, systems, etc.). Ensure filing systems for IT vendors and hardware/software
contracts are maintained and organized; retain/destroy according to records retention schedules and policies.
office supply inventories and other specialty IT inventories.
- Performs other duties as
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field; 3+ years of experience in a complex professional
support position. Advanced levels of experience in an IT or higher education setting would be considered in lieu of degree
- Strong budgetary and technical skills; advanced proficiency with software applications for calendaring,
email, word processing, and financial reporting; intermediate knowledge of web publishing and digital communication platforms. Preference
will be given to candidates who have experience with the Microsoft’s Office suite and enterprise-level, finance/HR/SIS system in a higher ed
- Excellent organizational and time-management skill; demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, regularly
exercise independent judgment and respond quickly and appropriately to issues and opportunities as they arise, advising the Vice President
and other senior IT administrators accordingly. Must be detail oriented.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications
and consultative customer service skills. This includes, but is not limited to: the ability to communicate effectively with people at
varying levels of technical fluency – including the ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may
understand; the ability to establish collaborative working relationships at all contact levels of the University.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving; excellent project management experience with the ability to work
independently and as part of a team; ability to set priorities and work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects; ability to communicate
progress/issues to appropriate personnel effectively.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity relative to the security
and the confidentiality of data.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from a
variety of diverse backgrounds in support of a welcoming and inclusive environment.
- Team player with excellent
consulting skills and a fun, but professional presence required.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on an as-needed
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration.
York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender
NYIT is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer.