Senior PyData Software Developer
Who we are
Quansight has its roots in the Python data science community. Our mission is to connect companies to open-source communities to create sustainable data-driven solutions that benefit the whole ecosystem. We accomplish this mission by providing a variety of services ranging from open-source software development to training and consulting. We believe in a culture of do-ers, learners, and collaborators. We are looking for people who are motivated, humble, curious, and respectful of others.
What you’ll do
As a Senior PyData Software Developer, you will be a key member of our team solving problems for our clients using tools from the Python open-source ecosystem. As appropriate, you will help maintain and push developments back upstream to open source projects. We are especially interested in people with a strong technical background who have experience or have an interest in becoming technical leads. Our client projects vary widely across business domains and technologies, being comfortable with growing and learning new technologies will be important to fitting in at Quansight. Key areas we touch on when building solutions for clients include algorithm development, data engineering, data science, machine learning/AI, visualization, packaging, infrastructure and integration.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Fluency in Python
- Extensive experience with the Scientific Python and Data Science ecosystems, i.e. Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, etc.
- Experience applying the PyData stack to data and scientific projects
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices, including unit tests, code review, version control, CI/CD, etc.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including writing and reviewing documentation
- Ability to make technical and architectural decisions with minimal oversight.
- Additionally one or more of the following skills will help you stand out:
- Contributions to open source projects
- Skills in other programming languages
- Experience with DevOps and Infrastructure-as-Code approaches
- Experience with Python packaging and conda environments
- Experience with advanced Python data libraries such as Dask and Numba
- Experience working in a client-facing environment
- Exposure to building data engineering pipelines using Prefect, Airflow and similar tools
- Practical Experience in MLOps approaches
- Ability to provide technical leadership to others
About the Company
We offer competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible paid time off. We offer flexibility in work times and locations. Vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated and modeled.
Our engineering team is fully remote. We are headquartered in Austin, Texas and much of the team is U.S. based. We also have a significant presence in Europe and South America, and will consider applicants anywhere (overlap with U.S. or European time zones is preferred).
Quansight is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for recruitment, interviews, employment, training, compensation, promotion, and related activities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any and all other protected classes and in accordance with all applicable laws.