Senior Python Developer for KernelCare team [Remote]
KernelCare, CloudLinux’s fastest-growing product, provides automated kernel security updates without reboots for most popular Linux distributions. It ensures optimal performance and uptime by allowing hosting providers and enterprises to keep kernels up-to-date with all security patches while keeping servers online.
Our company is Cloud Linux Inc. – the maker of the #1 OS for web-hosting providers. We develop our products — CloudLinux OS, KernelCare, Imunify360, and Imunify Email — using the most innovative technologies. Our products are used by thousands of companies around the world, including Dell, GoDaddy, IBM, Zoom, and many others
Work is fully remote, with flexible hours, where you can plan your day and work from anywhere in the world.
More details about the project you can find on the product website KernelCare.com, about the company on Cloudlinux.com.
Join us to make a difference!
- No telecommuting
- Agencies are OK
What you will do:
- You will be involved in development of KernelCare products using Python. It is required to cover your code with unit-tests using Python and/or with functional tests.
- Review of code written by your colleagues using Gerrit.
- Architecture development and writing technical documentation for new features.
- Investigating issues reported by our clients, partners or support team.
- Communication with our 3rd level support team to provide consultations or help related to KernelCare products.
Qualifications that we are looking for:
- 4+ years of Python programming experience.
- System programming. Sockets, filesystem, process management.
- GNU/Linux operating system and shell scripting experience.
- Experience with git-based development processes.
- Intermediate level of English language.
- Knowledge of Ansible, Jenkins.
- Knowledge about rpm/deb package management (writing rpm spec, deb rules).
- C language.
- Python frameworks: Flask, SQLAlchemy.
- Fast-learning, proactivity.
- Strong self-motivation, driven to achieve committed milestones.
- The ability to independently analyze a task and find the right solution.
- The ability to work in a team.
What’s in it for you?
- A great opportunity for professional development within the young and fast-growing company.
- Interesting and challenging projects.
- Remote work with long-term employment on a full-time basis under contract.
- High-level compensation based on the performance reviews.
- Compensation in the US dollars.
- Flexible working hours.
- Paid one month vacation per year and sick leaves.
- Medical insurance (according to the company policy).
- Days off on national holidays.
- English educational programs (Lingua-Leo online course & Speaking Club).
- Individual coach sessions.
- Ability to study and attend seminars and training according to the request.
- Co-working and gym/sports compensations (according to the company policy).
- The opportunity to receive a reward for the most innovative idea that the company can patent.
Let’s make it a win-win for you and CloudLinux. Do not put it off until later – apply today and our team will gladly welcome you.
About the Company
Industry Leader in Security, Density, and Manageability