Senior Python Developer
Within the IT Finance & Investment team, you will deliver technical development/coding expertise on the development of solutions to enhance, modernize or transform towards Cloud Integration, Cloud Native as well as traditional solutions.
You will provide state-of-art support for the systems maintenance, enhancements and integrations to other systems. You’ll also participate in project implementation, design and development activities, to ensure and support successful business adoption of new solutions, ongoing production support and post go-live enhancements.
You will collaborate with variety of partners, internally and externally, to understand business needs and develop solutions that create value with best practices implementations.
As a Senior Developer your main responsibilities will involve:
- SQL DB design, implantation, tests
- Excel, Power Pivot, Power Query, data ingestion, handling, presentation, migration
- DevOps & Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Azure Cloud & Native Products application development
- Delivering under SCRUM methodology
- To integrate multiple data sources into a single system.
- Design of Phyton scalable multi-process and threading to overcome architecture limitations.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- University education (Bachelor’s degree)
- 5 and more years of experience on similar position
- Good communication skills & proactive team player with customer centric approach
- Experience and proven track record on Gathering, Solution / Process Design, Testing and Deployment
- Experienced on Actuary Reserving and IT background
- Proven track record of project deliveries. Agile SCRUM certified
- Proven track record of Cloud experience. AZURE certified
- Sounding understanding of emerging technologies such as Azure Cloud
- Fluent on Microsoft 365 Package
- Knowledge on SAS programming is a differential
- High work proficiency in English
- Ability to lead/collaborate on projects and work independently when required.
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
About the Company
Zurich is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk. With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries, we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. We help individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations around the world understand and protect themselves from risk by offering a wide range of insurance products, solutions and advisory services.
So be challenged. Be inspired. Help us make a difference.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
As well as a competitive salary and a yearly bonus we offer benefits package which includes:
- Wide range of internal and external trainings
- Ticket restaurant
- Option to work remotely up to 50% of time weekly
- Pension Plan – after 1 year in the company
- Life Insurance
- Exclusive Employees discounts
- Free English and Spanish classes depending on the needs
Primary work location is Barcelona.