Senior Software Engineer
The software development team is lean and flexible; members pitch in to accomplish an evolving agenda. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with project teams on innovative solutions that impact the experience of Participants, Staff, Faculty, and others within the HBS community. As a senior member of the team, you will work closely with project managers, subject matter experts, database engineers, UX/UI and web engineers, quality engineers, network and systems engineers to create state‐of‐the‐art business solutions. You will help to clarify scope and specifications, and provide and evaluate alternative options for implementing both back-end tools and user-facing web experiences.
As a hands-on developer, you’ll be responsible for analysis, design, implementation, and deployment of learning solutions that leverage robust web-based application back-ends to integrate with a rich client-side experience. You will partner with team members to leverage progressive technologies, set standards, and improve processes to provide a rich learning environment to our customers.
- No telecommuting
- Agencies are OK
- Minimum of five years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
Expertise in the following technologies / frameworks:
- NoSQL and traditional SQL database systems including MongoDB and MySQL
- Linux (Ubuntu preferred)
- git and GitHub flow development process
Experience in the following technologies / frameworks:
- AWS cloud computing (EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, Cloudwatch)
- Developing and deploying RESTful API interfaces (JSON, XML)
- Web front-end/client-side languages like Vue or React, NodeJS, NPM
- Life cycle software development experience (technical design through implementation)
- Experience building components/apps for cross-browser and cross-platform interface
- Experience with agile software development methodology
- Knowledge of any GIT Version Control System administration on Linux/Unix environment
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
About the Company
Harvard Business School Online’s case-based, active, and social learning model provides educational experiences that help learners achieve their personal and professional goals wherever they are in their career, or the world. Who will build and support these exciting tools? You will! Your work will be seen and used regularly by students around the world. If working with the best and brightest at the foremost educational institution in the world interests you, we invite you to join us.