Senior Software Engineer (REMOTE OK)
Full Details → https://jobs.lever.co/angaza/e9799eed-a5a2-4d74-b311-628fbdab1075
We’re looking for a senior software engineer to join our Business Foundations team, one of the four product development teams here at Angaza. Applicants should have at least 4 years of prior software engineering work experience. This role is full-stack but heavily emphasizes backend development.
- Our API and the customer developer experience
- Embedded analytics and business intelligence
- Data features: reporting, webhooks, out-of-the-box ETL, and more
- Usage accounting and customer billing
- Authentication, authorization, and security
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Backend: Python with Flask, SQLAlchemy, and Celery
- Infrastructure: AWS with PostgreSQL, EC2, Lambda, and friends
- Frontend: modern JS with React/Redux
- Mobile: Android with Kotlin
We don’t expect you to have mastered every technology before you get here. “Full stack” means that you should expect to work across frontend and backend software as necessary. This role does emphasize backend development, performance, and scaling. Business Foundations does not typically work on the Android application.
Key Individual Responsibilities
- Implement complex business logic in well-tested increments
- Communicate your changes effectively to your peers
- Work with versatility across a wide variety of projects
- Design significant systems and deploy new code daily
- Support scaling of Angaza’s three-tier SaaS application
- Review code, pair with colleagues, and provide mentorship
- Influence technical direction, architectural choices, and team processes
- Collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Learn about new technologies and a new domain, often by apprenticing to developers with less total experience but more Angaza knowledge
- Contribute energy and enthusiasm to the team and company
- Exemplify Angaza’s core values of empathy, teamwork, courage, innovation, and impact
About the Company
Angaza creates software to enable financing of life-changing products, such as solar home + battery systems, for low-income consumers in emerging markets. Our software is used every day in 50+ countries to improve the lives of 10+ million people.
More than 2 billion people still live off-grid or are unbanked. Connecting them to electricity, appliances, and financial services represents both an enormous global need and a $400B potential market. Angaza provides a suite of technologies—payment processing, hardware communication, point-of-sale tools, and more—so that distribution businesses can reach that underserved population across the globe.