Senior Software Engineer (Robotics, Python)
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to develop critical systems software for robots running in the field. This individual will work closely with our team of researchers to integrate state-of-the-art algorithms into our robot while preserving stability, consistent APIs, and system speed. A minimum of 7 years experience in software development in a production environment through all aspects of a products lifecycle.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain key software components
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to deploy solutions to address customer needs
- Debug complex, real-time, multi-process systems
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 7+ years of Python development experience
- 7+ years working in a Linux development environment
- 5+ years experience developing in a variety of other languages
- 2+ years working in a team environment
- Experience in a production software development environment (version control, automated testing, build tools)
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Experience in a technical leadership role in a small team
- Experience with robot middleware and messaging layers
- Debian package management, CMake
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Linear Algebra and Geometry skills
- Experience in Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- Experience in C/C++
About the Company
At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
- Passionate and fun teammates
- Hybrid work model
- Flexible vacation and work schedule
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.