Senior Software Engineer
Completes analysis, design and implementation of computer based information systems to meet specified design requirements and specifications. Responsible for working with user groups in the University Development Office to analyze, develop and deploy web-based applications to support key distributed business processes. Responsible for helping maintain University Development Office servers/VMs, application deployment environment(s), and cloud services.
Our office utilizes a variety of technologies to deliver tailored business applications for our users. Our primary application is built with a Python/Django backend and an Angular front end. Other technologies in use are VueJS, Elastic, Netlify, Jenkins, and Wrike. Experience with any or all of these are highly beneficial. This position will also be responsible for helping maintain the systems and services used by the University Development office for application development, deployment, and reporting, so some experience and facility with containerization, Unix/Linux, cron and bash scripting, and other system administration functions is highly desired.
- Ability to identify, assess, and document functional requirements, workflows, and business rules required to effectively design and build web-based applications.
- Designs, codes, tests, and integrates technical software, software infrastructure, frameworks and/or scientific and research related software.
- Manage critical infrastructure systems.
- Designs complex software systems that address broad technical or business process needs.
- Installs, configures, and maintains operating system components, application servers, and libraries that support software development.
- Identify infrastructure needs and develop innovative solutions to effectively maximize resources.
- Designs, generates, tests and maintains programs for specific components of the overall software development environment.
- Designs and develops data schema to support software applications.
- Designs and writes system programs to optimize and/or simplify systems-related tasks and develop and document clear application programming interfaces.
- Researches available solutions and integrates them into existing computing environments.
- Collaborate with vendors to design and deploy enterprise solutions.
- Provides technical and/or project management leadership on large projects.
- May provide direction, training and mentorship to more junior staff.
- Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity and a high level of programming and operating system expertise.
- Has appreciable latitude for independent decision making.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four+ years of experience as a full—stack developer/engineer using frameworks such as Angular and Django.
- Four+ years of experience automated testing strategies.
- Two+ years of experience developing modern single-page applications.
- Good exposure to/understanding of proper RESTful API design principles.
- Basic proficiency at managing and troubleshooting servers/VMs, especially Unix/Linux.
- Previous experience with Agile Scrum.
- Good understanding of source control and versioning tools (Git).
- Previous experience with modern DevOps practices and exposure to modern deployment environments.
- Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
About the Company
The University of Texas at Austin