Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Bachelor’s degree (foreign equivalent or higher) in the Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Technology or related field. Three (3) years of full-time work experience maintaining databases, providing technical support/troubleshooting computer related issues to include supervisory/management level experience.
Additional years (4+) of full-time work experience maintaining databases, providing technical support/troubleshooting computer related issues. Two (2) years of supervisory/management level experience. Experience in simulation technology. Experience in an academic teaching environment. Experience in healthcare (EMT, LPN, etc). Experience in project management. BLS Certification.
Brief Description of Duties:
Responsible for the oversight/management of the IT infrastructure and computer system/network in a state-of-the-art medical simulation facility ensuring all equipment interfaces with technology in a seamless fashion on a daily basis. This includes maintenance, upgrade, and troubleshooting of a Windows based network environment including network hardware such as servers, workstations, cable infrastructure, as well as software such as specialized simulation training software and standard office software on center computers as well as specialized simulation equipment such as high fidelity manikin simulators and task trainers. One of the main job duties will be in the area of computer troubleshooting and maintaining the computer/network systems. Ability to work independently on self-managed tasks and reach projected goals and deadlines, as well as part of a team. Ability to work in a fast paced and at times high stress environment, multitasking complex projects. This individual is responsible for the oversight/development and maintenance of the Center website. In addition, they will oversee the daily schedules/manage all Center technicians to ensure technical coverage of all Center activities.
- Strategic planning and oversight of the IT infrastructure. Develops the technical system design, policy, planning and support. Oversees and provides daily operation, basic repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of Center’s computer and network systems and equipment including specialized simulation software (Bline), standard office software, servers and AV equipment. Oversees and provides daily operation, basic repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of simulators and partial task trainers.
- Supervises CSC technicians to ensure proper coverage of all simulation activities in the CSC and reports to CSC Director as needed: Monitors daily activities to ensure adequate technician staffing, assists with coordination of time off/breaks Prepares monthly technician schedule ensuring coverage of all simulation activities based on CSC scheduling calendar, Meets weekly/daily to review schedule to provide coverage for any added or changed activities. Coordinates training of CSC technicians. Assists in the hiring and evaluation of CSC technicians.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all installations, repairs, diagnosis and troubleshooting of CSC software system, computer equipment and simulators in the CSC including: Communicates with appropriate vendors to perform technical and warranty services including installations, maintenance, and upgrades. Maintains a record of all repairs, replacements, and upgrades completed and inventory information of servers, desktop services, computers and equipment Keeps administration informed of all problems, repairs, installations, upgrades, etc and progress of these projects. Provides information to CSC Director to assist in the development and monitoring of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Oversees and assists technicians as necessary to maintain operational functionality of the CSC including: Assists with preparation/execution of simulation/SP activities. Management of system data/videos and post activity reports. Assist in providing access and authorization to CSC software system for CSC Staff and faculty. Send out links to students for video viewing as directed by faculty.
- Responsible for website development, design and revision.
- Provides technical assistance, support, feedback, and training to faculty, instructors and staff in the use of simulation software systems, reports, data entry, etc. This includes creation of brief training documents and resources. Participates with Center Director to continue to build and develop the capabilities of the Clinical Skills Center, evaluate new equipment, identify opportunities for technology improvement, incorporation of the electronic patient record and the policies that govern the center use. Assists with videoconferencing activities in the CSC. Participate in and receive technical training as necessary.
- Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
This is a full-time appointment. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption. Evening and weekend work will be required at times.
Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at (631) 632-6280 or visit OEA.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
To apply, visit https://stonybrooku.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2101898&tz=GMT-07%3A00&tzname=America%2FLos_Angeles
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.