Software Engineer, Back End – Remote Work
We believe shopping should be simple, exciting and empower people to see the best version of themselves. So we have started with the eyewear industry and are changing an old-school, overwhelming, clinical, boring experience into a delightful one where customers feel great about themselves and their purchases.
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try-on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. We license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile, and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. We have a great foundation. Our technology is being used by over 10M users a month worldwide, and we have strong partnerships with some of the world’s top eyewear retailers.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to scale the virtual try-on SaaS platform. This includes design and architecture to improve throughput, efficiencies, and fidelity of our computer vision and rendering pipeline. The ideal candidate is experienced in web service architecture and has an interest in computer vision and rendering. You will be a member of a highly motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. You will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, technical designs, and industry best practices. You will also review designs, participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve client problems, and determine the scope for new projects.
This role is 100% remote. However, candidates must be eligible to work and living in the United States.
What you’ll do:
- Develop highly innovative consumer-facing APIs and services
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of code in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Design and architect new software services as needed in support of our growing business
- Work with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to prioritize work within an agile development methodology
- Leverage your knowledge of Linux based services to improve our core technology
- Translate requirements into designs and well-engineered code backed by automated tests
- Collaborate with and mentor team members
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 3+ years of backend software development experience with Python
- Achieve team success through care and respect
- Cultivate credible, reliable, and authentic interpersonal relationships
- Experience with Django, Flask, Linux, or AWS will be helpful but not required
- Excel at finding innovative solutions to complex problems
- Able to adapt in a fast-paced technical environment
- Passionate about mentorship and team growth
- Understand that uniqueness creates innovation and greatness
- Bachelor’s or higher degree, or the equivalent, in Computer Science or related. (Ditto recognizes that knowledge and skills equivalent to those earned in a degree program can also be achieved via nontraditional paths, and welcomes applicants with nontraditional training.)
About the Company
Ditto is a post-Series B, venture-backed technology company with 50 wonderful full-time employees in Oakland, CA. We provide a unique opportunity to work alongside a talented team of software engineers, business leaders, creatives, and researchers to bring state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning technologies to market at scale.
We celebrate what makes each of us unique and believe that when experienced people of diverse talents, backgrounds, and opinions are inspired to come together, greatness occurs. We are built on trust, which combines being authentic, credible, and reliable. We love passionate people with a zest for life and an adaptable, positive attitude. We have high expectations for hard work and give a lot of flexibility to take time for the other things that are important to you.
Ditto is a distributed company supporting all roles anywhere in the United States. Employees also have the opportunity to work from our Oakland office. Our distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams while empowering our team to work from the location that best suits them.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: competitive salary, meaningful equity as an early employee, medical, dental, unlimited PTO, and a 401K. We care a lot about doing the little things well and work hard to build a strong team culture. We organize team events and activities online and are being creative to build strong relationships amongst distributed team members.
Ditto stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives – encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. In addition, we have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more, Ditto is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.