Lights On Software is seeking a software engineer to join our talented team to build exciting web application products for our Fortune 500 and startup clients. You will be given autonomy and responsibility to make a significant impact. This position is remote.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop readable and maintainable software
- Write unit-tests and think through pitfalls and trade-offs of different implementations
- Communicate frequently the status and progress of the project
- Design, propose solutions to business problems
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- Excellent communication skills as you would be interfacing directly with our clients
- Ability to listen, capture, and communicate requirements
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment (our team is fully remote) with minimal oversight
- Several years of delivering Python web applications (Django preferred)
- Experience with different parts of the software stack such as front-end or devops
- Work hours according to one of the North American timezones
- Good understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Understanding of relational database concepts and SQL query optimization
- Grasp of performance trade-offs present in web applications and full HTTP request/response cycle
About the Company
We are a boutique software development company specializing in Python web application development.
Our team is composed of senior software developers that have delivered hundreds of software projects. We believe that software has to be written to be readable and maintainable and in that light, we review our pull requests, and write unit-tests to build the software that lasts.
The interview will consist of a culture fit followed by a technical interview. For the qualified candidates, the compensation is very competitive.