Software Tools Engineer
We write code that lets people sell digital hats in video games and get paid real money.
The position is responsible for 1) building internal systems that optimize our software processes, with a focus on test infrastructure, and 2) developing and executing our existing Python integration test suite. We are looking for a strong engineer who can stand up web services, run cron jobs, and write scripts that empower the team to perform common operations consistently and quickly, as well as further increase our confidence in the code base. This position must have a strong QA mindset that is capable of understanding business needs and engineering requirements in order to continually verify the acceptance criteria of the product.
As a broader team, we seek to understand the needs of our stakeholders, convert those needs into engineering requirements, and build the system incrementally. This requires that we be in lock step with each other and we place a premium on dependability and communication. We are iterative, we take calculated risks, and we are responsive and solution oriented. As a critical member of the Backend team, you will play a vital role in keeping us moving forward while keeping the quality high and the risk of incident low.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Enable new capabilities by building and improving internal infrastructure
- Write and maintain the test code and facilitate the QA regression verification process
- Understand changesets at a product level, and identify acceptance criteria
- Analyze failures, identify root causes, and raise technical issues
- Participate in our culture of continuous improvement and learn about fintech
- Strong software engineering skills
- Expertise in Python, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Behave, Gherkin, Selenium
- Experience with UNIX/Linux, SQL, Docker
- Broad exposure to common web technologies, like REST and JSON
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 6 years of experience in QA engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
What the team uses and teaches:
- Python, Behave, Gherkin, Selenium
- Golang, React, Node, MySQL
- AWS, Docker, Drone, Jenkins, Terraform
- Automated testing, Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Microservices, Lambda Functions, SNS/SQS
About the Company
Tilia Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linden Research, Inc., and a licensed money transmitter in the U.S. Tilia Pay enables publishers of video games and virtual worlds to create in-world economies and monetize user interaction. Built from the ground up to be robust, flexible, and secure, Tilia Pay powers virtual economies of leading and cutting edge publishers with hundreds of millions of dollars in circulation.