Sr. Data Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our team. We are a growing team of seasoned engineers looking to increase our capacity with strategic additions. As a Data Engineer, you will use various methods, building automation for data in motion and data at rest, in converting raw data into useful systems. You will be responsible for creating and furthering efficient and effective algorithms, as well as their implementations in data lakes, pipelines, and other implementations. Our data engineers work on everything from scalable ingestion API’s, data modeling/transfer to microservices and event-based architectures. Flexibility is key.
We’ve got a great team culture, and are looking to build on that foundation. We are looking for people who lead with action and are able leverage their sizable brains to not only better our product but also better our organization. Ideally you are the type of engineer that can digest a problem statement and deliver a solution from idea to reality. We operate with a high level of autonomy in a 3-week project cadence, giving you the freedom to create something impactful every cycle.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
What you will do:
- Take a problem statement and deliver innovative (but pragmatic) and maintainable solutions from inception to shipped.
- Work across teams (Product, Data Science, Quality, DevOps) to ensure we are delivering holistic solutions and not building silos.
- Work with other engineers on directed initiatives/projects and clearly communicate progress, blockers and FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt).
- Be an active participant in making our organization better. Bring a diverse set of ideas to the table and champion the things you believe in.
- You are a good human being and you play well with others. This is non-negotiable.
- You live your life through curiosity instead of validation by being right.
- You have your coding skills on lock. Ideally 4+ years of developing Python/Java apps (using a framework like Flask) and technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques (using a tool like Pandas).
- DB/SQL/NOSQL skillz. We work with large data sets so being able to efficiently construct data storage and transfer mechanisms is key. Experience with relational databases like Postgres and/or data warehouse solutions Snowflake is a big plus.
- Experience partnering with Data Science to collaborate on solutions for AI and ML
- Significant experience implementing and building solutions with Data Algorithms, Data Pipelines, and Data Lakes
- You understand how to build secure and scalable architectures capable of ingesting and operating on millions of rows of data.
- You write testable and maintainable code. You write comprehensive tests with Pytest, other engineers have no problem deciphering your code and you are diligent enough with Git to make sure you’re not blowing everyone up with merge conflicts.
Nice to haves:
- Experience building event-based architectures using Kafka
- Experience building scalable API’s
- Experience with applications hosted on Kubernetes and the DevOps supporting them
- Experience producing build plans or RFC’s to break a problem statement into implementable milestones
Why you want to join us:
- You will have fun. We are committed to it.
- You have a great opportunity to join an early-stage startup and make a profound impact in the organization.
- You have the opportunity for equity in said organization and the chance to make some moolah on a successful exit.
- You will be joining a great engineering culture. Everyone is super collaborative and eager to help each other out. This cannot be understated.
- You will be given every opportunity to grow your career. Even if your career goals extend beyond your time with us, we will do everything we can to get you the skills and experience to put you where you want to be 1, 5 or 10 years from now.
- Unlimited PTO (and we encourage you to take advantage of it)
- New Macbook Pro’s (we know this is trivial but everyone loves them)
About the Company
We are experiencing incredible growth in our second year in our current business model. We have signed some of the world’s most respected brands growing over 300% in 2020, a year that has been challenging for so many others.
Verusen is a leading technology company that uses artificial intelligence to provide visibility, digitization, and prediction of materials data and inventory for complex supply chains. The company’s AI software harmonizes disparate material data across ERP instances/systems while providing accurate MDM across the enterprise to optimize inventory costs. Intelligent controls enforce inventory procedures to help prevent future inventory spikes, while predictive capabilities optimize allocation and procurement needs. The result is a data foundation you can trust to move quickly to innovate and support related Industry 4.0 initiatives.We are venture-backed by leading investors from San Francisco to Boston and are a Signature Company at Georgia Tech’s Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC). Partnerships including SAP and Accenture. Verusen is a portfolio company of SAP.iO.
We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support a diverse culture, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
For more information about the Company, check us out at www.verusen.com