Job Number: 91778
Department: YRK: Information Technlgy Srvc
Campus Location (For Posting) : City
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Dedicated to discovering causes, prevention, treatments, and cures, Yerkes National Primate Research Center (NPRC) is fighting diseases and improving human health and lives worldwide. One of seven NPRCs funded by the NIH, Yerkes conducts studies that make breakthrough discoveries possible. Learn more at http://www.yerkes.emory.edu
The Division of Information Technology within the Yerkes National Primate Research Center at Emory University is currently seeking a full time Senior Manager, Information Technology to join our team.
Collaborate. Innovate. Serve. These three simple words capture what we do at Yerkes to help advance science and improve the health and well-being of humans and non-human primates. This is an amazing opportunity to indirectly save and change lives and make a positive impact in the science and research community.
Yerkes NPRC has a small IT team which supports the entire Center with a wide range of IT activities. Versatility and resourcefulness in aptitude, skills, and attitude are required qualities of all IT staff positions.
- Leads, manages, and supervises Information Technology (IT) and operations in an integral IT area.
- Has overall responsibility for a specific IT area including leading specific IT projects and implementation of new versions of software, management of systems and coordination with other IT projects across the division.
- Is accountable for a specific product and technical environment.
- Advises management on issues within the specific area that impact the division and enterprise-wide IT services.
- Ensures compliance and uniform, transparent systems across the division and enterprise by working closely with other area managers and directors.
- Implements uniform administrative procedures and systems throughout a division.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and seven years of related IT experience including demonstrated technical expertise in specific IT areas, project management skills and lead or supervisory experience
equivalent combination of experience, education, and training
- Extensive experience in the implementation and production support of an enterprise system.
- Must have full stack development experience
- Must have experience managing software developers
- Must have project management and preferably have PMP certification
- Evaluates new technologies for adoption across Yerkes NPRC
- Monitor and maintain support requests in support system – Help Desk/Service Now
- API (Application Programming Interface) experience, preferable REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Adept to learning .NET for supporting existing application and Oracle Business Intelligence reporting
- Direct and manage software development project plans and project lifecycles from beginning to end
- Leads multidisciplinary efforts to define the strategy/vision of mobile and web-based applications
- Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet, Web architectures.
- Maintain project schedule, manage inter-dependencies, mitigate risks, and facilitate team communication
- Provide recurring project status updates to project stakeholders and the Director
- Execute the coordination of cut-over to production on the agreed go-live date
- Good decision making, organization, analysis, and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task
- Acts as a proponent of modern software development practices
- Ability to react to changes in priorities, timelines, and scope promptly and efficiently, through analytical and problem-solving techniques. Must be able to think quickly and solve problems on the fly
- Successful candidates must be able to work well with other team members in a collaborative fashion, fostering learning and knowledge sharing to complete customer projects and equally be able to work solo with limited supervision and project oversight
- Oversee the planning and implementation of long-term strategic plans for software development
- Supervise the team and lead, direct and utilize knowledge on best practices for application development
- Develop training plans for personnel using available funds for training and professional development.
- Provides input to the Director as requested in the development of strategic planning direction
- Coordinate tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget
- Lead retrospectives and conduct lessons learned with the project team
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to Software Engineers
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Work environment involves working with biohazardous blood and tissues
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
- Requires the ability to bend, kneel, and/or squat
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING STATEMENT:
Yerkes NPRC in conjunction with Emory University conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which may include an INA and criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications, drug screening, and health assessment. Employment is contingent upon a clear background screening.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.