Carnegie Mellon, one of the world leaders in higher education and research, is searching for a Student Systems Technical Project Manager to join the university’s Enrollment Systems group. Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Systems, you will provide project management services to small to medium projects with increasing complexity across the university. This includes managing projects from original concept through final implementation, integrating structured project management methodologies. You will consult and partner with multi-departmental stakeholders, technical managers, and vendors.
Core responsibilities include:
- Accountable for project planning, scheduling, and budget and risk assessment throughout project cycle
- Facilitating communications for project teams, sponsors and university constituents
- Serves as Scrum Master for team providing Agile coaching to ensure the adoption and improvement of Scrum practices, process and desired outcomes.
- Plans, monitors, and manages projects from initiation to completion.
- Prepares project plans, which include definition scope, resources and schedule
- Schedules and facilitates Scrum meetings including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum and Product Backlog Item Refinement to enable team to plan and complete tasks based on the highest priority and the team’s available capacity
- Drives continuous improvement through the facilitation of team and leadership retrospectives, ensuring team effectively prioritizes, plans and executes on improvement ideas
- Allocates resources based upon the magnitude and necessity of the project
- Provides clear communication and updates regarding all project status and priorities
- Establishes priorities and revises priorities and plans in order to achieve project objectives and manage and track all materials to ensure on time delivery
- Other duties as assigned
You must demonstrate:
- Interpersonal Skills Management
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Problem-Solving and Reasoning Skills
- Technical skills
- Project Management Skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- A minimum of 5-8 years of project management and quality assurance experience is required.
- IT Project Management experience is highly desired.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (PMI)
- Successful background check
COVID-19 Condition of Employment
As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in Pennsylvania, California, Washington D.C., New York and Virginia to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires must provide proof of their vaccination or have an approved exemption.
New employees requesting a medical, religious or strong moral or ethical conviction exemption from the vaccine must complete and submit an exemption request form for review and approval. To receive the appropriate exemption request form, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Employees with approved exemptions will be required to comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements including use of facial coverings, Daily Self-Assessment and Weekly Tartan Testing.
Program, Project and Operations Management
Staff – Regular
Full Time/Part time
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance
Carnegie Mellon University does not discriminate and Carnegie Mellon University is required not to discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or handicap in violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or other federal, state, or local laws or executive orders.