Night Custodian Position (Yellowstone National Park Summer 2022)
Share your passion for providing ‘Legendary Hospitality’. Join the Hospitality team in Yellowstone National Park!
We have Common Night Custodian opening available for the 2022 season. Ideally, you will be available to work a full season (January 2022 through November 2022). If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: January 2022
- Employment Type: Seasonal (January-early November)
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
What We Provide
- Simple living in the world’s first National Park with low-cost housing (dormitory style), meals (cafeteria style), and Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- Free Employee Recreation Program
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
In the winter, we operate 2 full service hotels inside Yellowstone National Park. We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Night Custodian is responsible for the cleanliness of the general offices and restrooms in the Mammoth area. These offices include the Haynes Administration Building, food and beverage offices, engineering offices, and the general accounting offices. In addition, evening Porter duties may be assigned as needed. During the off-season, designated hotel restrooms and various duties will be assigned as needed.
Included among the responsibilities of the Night Custodian are the following:
- Emptying and cleaning trashcans in accordance with Xanterra’s trash sorting program.
- General daily dusting.
- Thorough vacuuming and/or sweeping.
- Damp mopping where needed.
- Cleaning restrooms, office bathrooms, and stocking supplies.
- Completion of daily cleaning projects, including windows.
- Completion of other assigned cleaning tasks throughout the Mammoth area,
- Ordering supplies through the supervisor as needed.
- Communication through a written log will be required.
- Capable of self-supervision.
- Knowledge of cleaning areas and procedures.
- Must practice confidentiality at all times.
- Must practice work place safety and cleaning procedures. Must have the ability and knowledge to work with cleaning chemicals (training provided).
- Knowledge of Xanterra’s environmental program.
- Knowledge of basic vacuum maintenance.
- Evening and night hours are required.
- Minimum age of 19 to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and oral).
- Stretching, walking, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending, kneeling, and climbing up and down stairs for up to 7-8 hours per shift.
- Mopping floors, vacuuming, and cleaning toilets for up to 8 hours per shift.
- The ability to push or pull 50-75 pounds on a frequent basis.
- The ability to sit and drive for up to 1 hour per day.