Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission ~ the
power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more
than 2,700 customers and reaching over 20 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming
their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
About the opportunity
a Technical Support Specialist, you will work to support the technology presence at the institution to recommend or perform
complex or remedial actions to correct problems using remote diagnostic and remediation technology and tools, or at user locations.
You will guide and may supervise other technical support staff and/or student workers. You will provide consultative support to
department managers and end users directly related to the general business operations, software systems, including technical assistance and
training to system users.
Where you will make an impact
- Recommending or performing complex actions to correct
problems using remote diagnostic, remediation technology and tools or at user locations to install, modify, or make repairs to computer
hardware and/or software.
- Supervising and supporting major computer system and laptop deployments, and similar
- Controlling coordination with affected end user departments while mentoring other technical support staff and/or
- Testing and evaluating specified software packages, proposed hardware and software to determine
efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing computer systems, peripherals and the network.
- Responding in a timely
fashion to client inquiries and escalated issues concerning operation of client-owned assets
- Maintaining the highest level
of customer service as set forth by the Ellucian general competencies.
- Providing updates, status and completion
information to management regarding all assigned incidents, requests, and projects
- Providing regular updates to tickets within the
work queue with frequency depending on priority level.
- Escalating all high priority or sensitive customer
requests/concerns to the User Services Manager, or when appropriate, the CIO
- Coordinating activities with the Help Desk, Faculty
Support, Network Services, Enterprise Application Services and other team members.
- Properly delegating appropriate work to
student technicians based on need and workload.
- Contributing to development of yearly learning plan and complete plan as
instructed by supervisor.
- Providing consultative support to management and end users directly related to general business
operations, software systems, technical assistance and training to system users.
- Producing relevant documentation for operational
processes and process improvement
What you will bring
- Three to five years related experience and/or
training; Degree preferred
- Excellent work ethic and sense of personal accountability is a must.
- PC Troubleshooting and
Support (Windows 10, OSX) experience
- Microsoft Applications troubleshooting and support experience, including Office 2010 products
- Mac Troubleshooting and Support experience
- Experience in an enterprise print management operation with emphasis on
printer setup and troubleshooting
- Must have the ability to work effectively with end-users, gain their confidence, understand their
technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions.
- Superior verbal and written skills, encompassing
complete understanding on the English language with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership
- Willingness to work as a contributing member of the team including other systems personnel, the operations staff, and the
- Must be available for flexible coverage for special events or emergencies
- Ability to read, analyze
and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to
write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent time-management, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively manage
scope and customer expectations on individual assignments.
- A+ Certification, ITIL Certification desired
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time
- 401k & Bright Plan – to help you save for the future
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards
your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and
inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Women in Technology, Pride and Go Green to name a
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
Foster a learning culture with:
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 3264
Type: Full – Time
Travel Required: 0%-25%