Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at https://jobs.hr.ncsu.edu/.
Department: 110103 – CALS IT
Location: Raleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties:
The Technology Support Analyst position will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of all College of Agricultural & Life Sciences (CALS) supported multimedia facilities. This includes the support of the hardware, software, and networking/cabling of the facilities. This Technology Support Analyst position will coordinate the College’s content capture requests using technology such as MediaSite and/or Zoom.
- Retain an inventory of all equipment and maintenance records.
- Implement security measures for facilities and equipment.
- Execute maintenance plans to proactively reduce the amount of service calls received throughout the year.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the area of assignment; or bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the area of assignment; or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with University faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to climb ladders frequently while simultaneously holding/installing electronic equipment, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to frequently lift at least 50lbs and occasionally lift up to 75 – 100lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Frequent bending, stooping and crawling is required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be comfortable operating a van, a golf cart, and using hand/power tools, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Four or more years of AV technology work experience; preferably with Extron control system.
- Strong interest in Audio Visual technology.
- CTS or Extron AV Associates.
Required license or certification:
Valid NC driver’s license or the ability to obtain with 60 days of start.
Position Number: 00108612
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.