Social media is not only a place for communicating with family and friends. It also represents your personality to others, including potential employers. If you’ve also posted one or two embarrassing posts in the heat of the moment, it’s better to get rid of them before they affect your reputation.
Read on to know about the top online tools that can help you remove your awkward social media posts.
It’s a social media cleanup software that helps you tidy up your complete online presence on Facebook and Twitter. The app uses Machine Learning technology to locate the posts which a potential employer might flag during online screening.
It can flag posts that contain offensive language, unprofessional behavior or communication, including bullying, violence, drinking, and criminal activities. Later, you can review these posts and proceed to delete them.
Its image recognition technology can also identify images containing offensive gestures and whatnot. Apart from flagging the previous posts, it also alerts you if any damaging content appears online from your profiles.
The tool empowers you with its features to find out all the embarrassing posts, comments, and pictures you have published on your social media accounts. Moreover, it can detect the fake news shared on your profiles and save you from awkwardness.
You can use it to clean the following social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Foursquare, Disqus, and Tumblr. This tool lets you search for custom keywords including, the names you mentioned in the comments.
While it doesn’t remove any content by itself, it provides a report flagging content containing profanity, innuendo, and mention of drugs or alcohol.
This free app makes cleaning your social profiles a hassle-free task. You can delete various content like posts, images, comments, likes, and follows by using the tool. In addition to that, it lets you set up a recurring schedule for content deletion.
The supported social platforms are Facebook, LinkedIn, Reddit, Twitter, Discord, Pinterest, Instagram, Telegram, Tinder, TikTok, Skype, Twitch, Disqus, and many more.
You can wipe out everything by deletion. Or, you may customize the items through keyword, content category, or sentiment. It also offers the preview mode that you can use to double-check before deletion.
This service helps you delete your Twitter posts in bulk. You can set a schedule that will make the tool run automatically to delete tweets. You can remove tweets depending on some text it contains or the time of publishing.
It is an ideal tool for removing any regrettable content in your Twitter account for professional or personal reasons. Apart from your tweets, you can also delete likes you have given to other users’ tweets.
For free, it lets you delete the previous 3,200 likes. Moreover, it can also delete tweets containing attachments.
5. Facebook’s Manage Posts Feature
The Manage Activity feature on Facebook is a great way to clean up your profile by archiving or deleting posts in bulk. It lets you revisit, edit, and delete any post or comment you posted since joining the platform. To delete an old post on Facebook, follow these steps:
- Go to your Facebook profile and scroll a bit to find the Posts section.
- You’ll find the Manage Posts option. Click on it.
- The Manage Posts window will appear. Click on the Filters icon on the top right corner.
- You’ll get four options in this segment. These are Year, Month, Posted By (anyone, you, others,) Privacy (public, friends, only me, anyone,) and Tagged Posts. Select any of these to find out the post you’re looking for.
- All the posts that fit your chosen criteria like time, privacy, or post owner, will appear on the screen with a preview thumbnail.
- Select the posts and click on the Next button. You can also delete all posts by check-marking the Select All option.
- Hide or delete the posts as per your requirement.
The best thing about this feature is the ample scope for customization; you can find an old post without any hassle.
6. Twitter Settings
Using the delete feature on Twitter, you can manually delete unwanted tweets. Follow these simple steps to remove old tweets that you don’t want in your profile anymore.
- Go to your Twitter profile and browse through your posts.
- Identify the Tweet you want to remove permanently.
- Click on the ellipsis icon and select Delete Tweet.
- The platform will delete that tweet.
For those who want to delete multiple tweets at once, Twitter doesn’t offer a batch delete option.
If you want to start afresh with your current username, create another account with a temporary username. Then, switch the username and delete your old account.
7. Manage Shared Content in LinkedIn
LinkedIn is the platform for professional connections and personal branding. So, you should be extra careful about what you post or share here. To manually check and delete any offensive post you may have shared earlier, follow these steps one by one:
- Click the Me icon located at the top bar of the LinkedIn homepage.
- Select the View profile option and scroll down to the Your Activity section.
- Click on See all activity to view all your previous activities.
- Now, select the Posts tab and browse through the posts. You can also choose the Articles or Comments tab to delete the content of that category.
- After you have found a post you want to delete, click the ellipsis in the top right corner of the post.
- Select the Delete post option.
- Click on Delete again to confirm your action.
This extension is useful for deleting posts, messages, comments, and photos from Facebook and Twitter. It makes the mass deleting of unwanted content from these platforms seamless.
You can delete your complete Facebook history or choose any particular month or year to delete all things you have posted during that time, straight from the activity log.
For this extension to perform, the default language of your Facebook and Twitter profile should be English.
Active social media users tend to post and share various things online, and some of those might be unprofessional. With the tools, extensions, and features mentioned here, you can remove such posts and make your social media profile look more professional.
You may also want to use robust tools for scheduling posts on your social accounts, which will help you build your presence without needing to spend too much time online.
If you manage multiple social media accounts, scheduling content ahead of time will save you a big headache. Here are some of the best tools for this.
About The Author