Staff & Executive – Information Technology
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrated a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 70,800 students and 27,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.
Rutgers University-New Brunswick took root over 250 years ago. We are the state’s most comprehensive intellectual resource-the flagship campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, as designated by the Association of American Universities. We are the region’s most high-profile public research institution and a leading national research center with a global impact.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Unit Computing Manager for the Institute for Quantitative Biomedicine (IQB). The Unit Computing Manager works side by side with researchers and software developers focused on advancing discoveries in biology and medicine. The position is responsible for providing specialized, technical support for the Institute’s residents and cutting edge science.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Plans and executes technical installations and upgrades, configurations, monitoring and support of general software and hardware workstations (Mac, Linux, and Windows) and servers of various Linux distributions for the resident research groups.
- Supports the audiovisual needs of the Institute, maintaining service contracts and equipment in the Institute’s conferencing facilities, overseeing operations of the equipment, training end users in the tools, and recording and archiving designated events.
- Responsible for maintaining the Institute’s web infrastructure consisting of a large number of Drupal sites.
- Works with lab project managers, updates web content, applies patches, updates html, css, and php code, and cleanup or install new Drupal sites as needed.
Position Status: Full Time
Daily Work Shift: Day
Annual Minimum Salary: 77069.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 97492.000
Annual Maximum Salary: 117913.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: Admin Assembly (MPSC)
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment: Staff – 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience administering Linux, Mac and Windows desktop systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple, shifting priorities and respond effectively and efficiently to IQB residents’ technical needs.
- Experience working with Linux desktop management, HTML and Drupal. Experience in an academic computing environment is preferred.
- Audiovisual equipment, computer hardware and peripherals, conferencing equipment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Lifting hardware, up to 50 lbs.
Posting Open Date: 06/03/2021
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Rutgers University – New Brunswick
Piscataway NJ 08854