90,000 to 95,000 USD Per Year
Open Until Filled
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans for the future requirements of the unit including budget, short and long range projections.
- Develop short and long-range strategies to address customer service demands.
- Implement strategies as they relate to technology applications along with return on investment analyses.
- Effectively utilize staff resources in meeting the college’s computing needs.
- Provide support for the development of institution-wide data reporting processes.
- Identifies and evaluates new technological developments and gauges their appropriateness for ASU-Beebe.
- Works closely with all academic and administrative leaders to insure joint decision making, planning, and assessment.
- Provides effective communication among all campus users, faculty, administrators and Information Technology Services staff.
- Interviews, recommends for employment all technology staff.
- Provides direction and monitors professional development for IT staff as needed.
- Provides direction and guidelines for effective and efficient utilization of computing resources.
- Assist with distance learning direction, planning and leadership.
- Oversees development and enforcement of technology policy and procedures.
- Manage IT governance structure and lead technology committee.
- Serves on appropriate college and external committees as required.
- Oversees maintenance of the technology disaster recovery plan, business continuity, computer life cycle, infrastructures, hardware, and software.
Required Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree in Information Management, Information Technology, Educational Technology, or closely related field plus 6 years related experience and/or training and 5 years related management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Current competencies with the elements of database management, distributed information processing and networks, computer hardware and operating systems and characteristics and technology applications in higher education. Preference given to candidates who have prior CIO/CTO experience.
Arkansas State University-Beebe is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. We also comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria.