Uniform Manager (Yellowstone National Park Winter 2022)
Share your passion for providing ‘Legendary Hospitality’. Join the Hospitality team in Yellowstone National Park!
As the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone we operate 2 comfortable lodging facilities during the winter months. Learn more about the Laundry department.
At this time, we are requiring proof of vaccination status in compliance with Presidential Executive Order 14042, which requires the Company to ensure that every employee who works on or in connection with a federal contract is fully vaccinated or has an approved medical or religious exemption.
We have a Uniform Manager opening available for the 2021/22 season. Ideally, you will be available to work a full season (November 2021 through November 2022). If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: December 2021
- Employment Type: Seasonal (December-early November)
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
What We Provide
- Simple living in the world’s first National Park with low-cost housing (dormitory style), meals (cafeteria style), and Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- Free Employee Recreation Program
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
In the winter, we operate 2 full service hotels inside Yellowstone National Park. We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Oversees the uniform inventory. Accurately prepares bid sheets and purchase orders, orders replacement items, receives shipments, audits invoices, prepares receivers and authorizes payment.
- Maintains accurate uniform inventory information. Completes full inventory in August and late October, establishes par levels, sewing systems, and accounts for loss or damage.
- Ensures accurate data is entered in tracking production, chemical inventory, and office supplies.
- Uses resources efficiently to maintain appropriate inventory levels and sizing options while minimizing inventory expense.
- Coordinates with all department managers to ensure that uniforms for all positions are updated and accurately listed on uniform lists.
- Trains all uniform clerks, seamstresses, and laundry services personnel in all aspects of the positions’ job tasks.
- Revises or creates Seamstress, Uniform Clerks, and Laundry Services manuals.
- Supervises the issuing, hemming and repairing of employee uniforms, laundry services and dry cleaning during summer season. Issues uniforms during winter and summer seasons.
- Ensures accurate distribution of uniforms to park-wide employees from the Uniform Room.
- Ensures timely ordering of shoe requests. Ensure accurate filling and shipping of location uniforms, and shoe orders. Maintains shoe inventory during spring check in season.
- Assists Housekeeping Support Staff in maintaining training manual for location Housekeeping Office Assistants in uniform inventory and ordering procedures.
- Manages the laundry service area. Monitors processed items, chemical formulas, SDSs, and equipment use; performs chemical change-outs following proper safety and laundry procedures.
- Supervises, trains and motivates uniform room and laundry services employees on procedures, policies, equipment, safety and chemical use.
- Maintains inventories and orders in all needed supplies.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment.
- Coordinates with Laundry Maintenance Manager and Manager Laundry Operations on equipment usage and repair.
- Maintains up to date and accurate files and records on all aspects of the operation.
- Oversees supervision of the Laundry staff in the absence of laundry management as needed.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Business communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting skills helpful.
- Sewing and clothing repair skills helpful.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel software helpful.
- Knowledge of laundry chemicals helpful.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards helpful.
- Knowledge of company and laundry policies and procedures helpful.
- Knowledge of general work safety practices.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical skills helpful.
- Knowledge of Yellowstone Park properties helpful.
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching outward and above the shoulder for up to 6 hours per shift.
- Requires occasional climbing as in using a step stool.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 55 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to wear hearing protection up to 4 hours per shift.
- Must be able to acclimate to a hot environment of 89° to 100°. Could total up to 7 hours per day.
- Employee disciplinary action, including Discussion Records and Written Actions.
- Provide job performance feedback to Uniform Room Clerks, Seamstresses, and Laundry Services Lead
- Write work schedules for Uniform Room and Laundry Services staff.
- Respond immediately to any unsafe situation.