Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the
racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational
experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Workday Functional Manager position. Given Amherst’s distinction as one of the most
diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ways in which they bring value to and will work
towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Systems and Projects, the Workday
Functional Manager will lead the configuration of the Finance, Human Capital Management, and Payroll and Time Tracking (PATT) areas on the
College’s recently implemented Workday system. The Functional Manager will be the primary subject matter expert for these configurations and
key translator between the Finance, Human Resources, Shared Services and Controller teams to ensure Workday is supporting the objectives for
these units and those across campus who use these Workday modules to do their jobs. They will also work closely with the IT team to ensure
all touchpoints are considered and the configuration supports all areas and the overall institutional objectives. The Functional Manager
will help identify and implement process and configuration improvements in Workday, building on best practices while creating a strategic
roadmap. The Functional Manager will collaborate and work closely with other members of the Finance, Human Resources, and IT units as well
as the Workday Student Implementation team and end-users.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
maintenance of Workday Financials and HCM configuration, including setup and functional configuration. Experience required in multiple
modules such as: Financial Accounting, Accounts Payable, Expense, Procurement, Payroll, HCM, and Endowment
- Troubleshoot and gather
requirements to create, and maintain data and configuration changes
- Work closely with a diverse set of colleagues including those
from Finance, HCM and IT teams to understand system issues, identify root causes, and develop solutions to address short and long-term
- Implement solutions through successful design, development, testing, and deployment with required documentation, training
- Lead support ticket process ensuring thorough, timely responses and monitor tickets to identify improvement and
- Leverage business knowledge to identify opportunities for process improvements
- Participate in
and support scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve policy and process acumen across project team and end-users
with Reporting Analyst to design and deploy reporting for end-users, management and department heads
- Support roll out of additional
Workday functionality such as Projects, Advanced Compensation and Learning
- Support bi-annual and weekly Workday Release
- Actively contribute to an inclusive work culture that is respectful of all community members
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of Finance and HR operations and experience in Finance data
management and reporting, preferably in a higher education environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact
with Finance, HR and IT teams as well as end-users
- Ability to accurately collect information in order to understand and assess the
team and end-user needs and situation
- Solid attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and
inclusion, and to working collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to prioritize workload and provide timely follow-up and
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Workday Finance experience or training
- Finance functional experience in higher educational setting preferred
- Experience working with a diverse
population and demonstrating inclusive behavior
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive
benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation,
so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements. Click here for Benefits
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs .
Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To find information about job group and
level (JGL) follow this link.