IT Support Specialist
What is an IT Support Specialist?
IT Support Specialists are responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting and evaluating technology issues. This role may support internal clients, helping to keep employees productive, or external customers of a company, helping them via the telephone or webchat. Some specialists are tasked with giving instructions to customers on how to use business-specific programs or working with other technicians to resolve problems. Other specialists may be responsible for answering simpler questions from nonbusiness customers, like reestablishing internet connections or troubleshooting household IT products like Wi-Fi routers.
- Help Desk Analyst
- Technical Support Specialist
- Tier II Support
Required skills at this level
- Set up or repair computer equipment and related devices
- Maintain system capabilities by testing existing equipment and programs
- Try out new systems and software
- Document changes, revisions and problems
- Train users on proper use of hardware and software
- Clearly communicate the understanding of the proper use of technology to team
- Manage and train beginner specialists
[table id=1 /]