Assistant Maintenace Manager, Mammoth Hot Springs – Year Round – Yellowstone National Park, WY
Assistant Maintenace Manager is a full time, year round position based out of
Mammoth Hot Springs. This position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance, repair and improvement of Xanterra facilities in Mammoth Hot Springs, Roosevelt Lodge and Gardiner, Montana and reports directly to the Mammoth Hot Springs Maintenance Manager. If you have a passion for nature and want to be a part of a great Engineering team, this may be a great opportuntiy for you! To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
- Position Type: Full Time Year Round
- Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week
- Location: Mammoth Hot Springs area of Yellowstone National Park
- Housing: Housing is provided (nominal fee)
The Must Haves
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Supervisory/Managment Experience
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation
- Sick Time
- Xanterra Travel Collection discounts
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
To assist the Mammoth Hot Springs (MHS) Maintenance Manager with:
- Direct supervision and administration of all Mammoth Hot Spring maintenance employees.
- Scheduling and ensuring that all maintenance work is accomplished in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicating with all department personnel parkwide and works with all levels of management at the location, including guests, the National Park Service, and outside contractors.
- Responding to maintenance requests by all location departments, as well as work designated by the Maintenance Manager and Engineering personnel, as directed.
- Coordinating and providing proactive, timely and accurate information to maintenance staff, location Operations managers, Engineering staff, contractors, concessioners, and the National Park Service.
- Representing the location Maintenance Department as the Safety Lead and ensures all work is completed in a safe manner and as per Company policy and procedures.
- Assisting with the conceptual design and development of related construction activities and performs plan reviews and inspections as requested.
- Documenting preventive and corrective maintenance including labor, materials, asset records and inventory records in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- General knowledge of all trades common to maintenance operations.
- Must be proficient in customer service, as well as verbal and written communication skills and supervising personnel in accordance with Xanterra’s policies and procedures.
- Must possess strong organizational skills as they relate to planning and scheduling maintenance activities.
- Must be self-motivated, be able to work independently or with limited supervision, and must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays when required.
- Knowledge of OSHA General Industry (1910) and Construction (1926) safety and health standards in cooperation with Xanterra’s policies, procedures and programs.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and have general knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Must be able to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- This position may require the use of respiratory protection and will require compliance with applicable regulations including a clean-shaven face and medical screening.
- Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Must possess physical stamina to withstand heavy, labor-related work in an outside environment, including standing, bending, kneeling, crawling for extended periods of time when required.
- Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds.Must be able to sit, stand, bend, kneel, and crawl for extended periods of time as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.