Requisition Number: P00817
Department: Admissions Operations
Days Worked: Monday – Friday
Hours/Shift worked: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Associate Director of Admissions for Operations is responsible for the technical configuration, maintenance, and oversight of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application and environment, currently Technolutions Slate. The Associate Director supervises two operations team members as well as student workers.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science, technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission, professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of the foundation for our learning and working environment. Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is committed to providing equal educational and employment opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
Annual Salary: $55,590.00, plus comprehensive benefits, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay 5% of bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay 2.5% when participating in the wellness program.
* Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and dependents after 90 days
* Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and dependents after 90 days.
* Group life insurance – equal to annual salary (up to $50,000) at no cost to the employee
* Voluntary Group Life and Accident Insurance – available for purchase at low rates for additional employee coverage as well as coverage for spouse and children
* Long Term Disability Insurance – available for purchase at low rates with either a 90 or 180-day waiting period
* Retirement – 2 plans to choose from
* Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are eligible
* Vacation leave– up to 10.4 days accrued for the first year, increases to up to 15.6 days per year after first year
* Personal leave – up to 5 days per year
* Sick leave – up to 15.6 days accrued per year, including up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family member
* Holiday leave – up to 12 days per calendar year
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at https://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Benefit_Summaries/PEBTF_Summary.pdf
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience in university admissions.
- Experience with Technolutions Slate CRM
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and exhibit initiative and self-motivation.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work/travel evenings and weekends as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Flexible work schedule as dictated by the needs of the university.
- Ability to work remotely if required due to University procedures.
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
- Master’s Degree.
- One year managing the technical configuration of Technolutions Slate or a similar higher education CRM product.
- Experience with BANNER student information system.
Operations – Technical and Functional Lead for Admissions Systems:
* The primary responsibility of this position is to optimize the Admissions Offices’ instance of Technolutions Slate CRM.
* Serve as the technical and functional lead within the Admissions office for Technolutions Slate CRM, BANNER, and Axiom Elite Data Integration Services. Work closely with information technology on system implementation and integration when necessary; manage all data migration processes from Slate to BANNER.
* Create import and export source formatting for Slate CRM, which includes bringing in data from College Board, ACT, Common App, Naviance, and various additional admissions vendors. Assist with management of campus event portal.
* Manage Millersville’s internal Slate application. Manage process for semester-based revisions to data on the application and manage the online payment portal.
* Manage the yearly creating of the membership profile screen on the Common App. Serve as the liaison for Common App.
* Manage the admissions office’s instance of TargetX data reporting software
* Create and run daily/weekly data check comparisons between both student information systems (Slate and Banner) to ensure data integrity across both systems. Collaborate, when necessary, with Information Technology department to create Hyperion queries to extract data from Banner and upload it into Slate.
* Manage data integration between Slate and Banner, including creating and managing source configuration for Axiom Data Integration and creating and scheduling document exports for applicants to transmit document imaging from Slate to the university imaging system, OnBase.
* Responsible for development of queries, call log forms, interaction codes and reports used by admission counselors and student workers/call center to manage their phone call interactions with their prospective students.
* Implement ongoing training related to best practices with Technolutions Slate for admissions and other key university departments.
* Work collaboratively with Institutional Research and Information Technology to report accurate data to PASSHE on a semester by semester basis. This includes assistance, when necessary, with the SIMS data project and definitions of data elements for reporting from an admissions perspective.
* Act as liaison between undergraduate admissions and various departments on campus who utilize Slate for their operation. This includes Student Success Programs, University Honors College, Athletics, Orientation, Housing and Residential Programs, and Student Financial Services.
* Serve as the technical lead for Admissions’ inquiry generating vendors such as College Board, ACT, Naviance, YouVisit, etc. Oversee the inquiry pool coding, tracking and communication flow.
* Serve as the technical and functional lead for Admissions’ operation vendors including Common App, Technolutions Slate, Parchment, and Axiom Elite.
* Attend the annual Slate Summit Conference.
* Manage data migration between Slate and various service departments on campus. Lead training for campus departments on how to utilize Slate.
* Responsible to travel to an assigned geographic area as determined by the Director of Admissions. Complete approximately 3 weeks of travel per year.
* Make decisions on admissions applications.
* Responsible for managing a caseload of applicants to the university throughout the enrollment funnel- including outreach to inquiries, applicants, admitted and deposited students via email, phone, text messaging and one-on-one meetings.
* Work collaboratively with the Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing to create, execute and evaluate drip marketing campaigns for the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
* Manage the comprehensive communication flow for incoming students including campaigns for prospect, inquiry, applicant, admit, and yield for freshmen, transfer and international students- via Slate.
* Liaise with campus service departments needing access to incoming student records, and manage their communication flow within Technolutions Slate. This includes, but is not limited to, Orientation, Housing, Athletics, Academic and Student Development, University Dining, Financial Aid, Office of Student Accounts, etc.
* All other duties as assigned.
Posting Close Date