Department: Information Technology
The Community College of Rhode Island is
the states only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at
locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire
the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain
culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and
perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding
Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best:
Provide strategic vision and transformational leadership through development and
management of technology systems and services in support of the College mission.
Commitment to CCRI’s Mission
- Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and
mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Work collaboratively with others and provide quality customer service in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Formulate, lead, and communicate a clear IT vision and organization that aligns with
CCRI’s strategic goals and drives IT decision-making.
- Build an information technology organization that is culturally agile and
responsive to changing technologies and college needs.
- Provide excellent management support to the Information Technology
Department staff through team building, continuous improvement, professional development, evaluation, mentoring, and professionalism.
Act as a catalyst for change and lead effectively through change.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Vice
President of Finance and Strategy
Professional Knowledge, Skill, and Technical Mastery
- Establish and
direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, procedures and organization for the information technology department which supports
information systems, instructional technology, data and voice networks, the technology infrastructure, and technology training and support
for students, faculty and staff.
- Plan and monitor technology capital and operating budgets including maintenance and renewal
for technology assets.
- Negotiate, manage and oversee vendor contracts for hardware, software, and technology related services.
- Lead and champion the IT incident response process in support of IT and security incidents.
- Stay current on emerging
and best practice higher education trends and solutions, while also promoting and sharing CCRI initiatives and implementations, through
participation in local, regional and national committees, working groups and associations.
- Empower teams to work across all levels of the organization to satisfy user needs, resolve problems, and
provide technology solutions.
- Communicate to the college community about IT-related projects, services, tasks and issues using
a variety of mediums.
- Collaborate with CCRI’s Senior Leadership Team to drive strategic change to better leverage technology in
order to improve student outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree with
commensurate level of experience
- Minimum of five years of significant, successful experience managing a large IT organization
- Significant IT leadership and management expertise with specialty experience in several of the following areas: a) ERP systems
implementation, migration and design (b) Instructional technology, c) Infrastructure and networking, d) Administrative and business process
design and development in higher education.
Competencies and Desired
The most suitably qualified candidate will possess the following:
degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or a closely related field.
- Ten years of experience of significant, successful
experience managing a large IT organization
- Experience in a higher education environment.
- Experience in Banner
- Success as a change agent with a proven track record of producing operational results and building a strong team
culture within an IT organization, while stressing an environment of customer service and support.
- Demonstrated experience with
security issues, IT policy development, legal issues regarding technology, compliance with regulations, and business continuity planning.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and effectively communicate complex technical information throughout all levels of the
- Demonstrated change and project management history.
- Experience with budget development and
- Demonstrated ability to lead and to develop leaders.
- Strong listening and communication skills and the
ability to work effectively and collegially with faculty, administrators, staff, students and colleagues.
- Excellent analytical,
planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience forming and maintaining collaborative partnerships across complex
organizations with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to project a strong positive image of the college with parents, students,
faculty, staff, and others.
- Strong record of innovation and the ability to understand and have an awareness of emerging trends
in information technology within higher education.
Commensurate with education and experience
Non-Standard; 35 hours per week
Application Close Date
CCRI is committed to ensuring the full participation of all applicants throughout the recruitment process.
If you should require an accommodation during the application process, please notify the Department of Institutional Equity and Human
Resources prior to the closing of the posting by calling (401) 825-2311.
an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
We recognize that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating
a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the College’s
commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation,
on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual
orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning
discrimination shall be referred to the College’s Title IX Coordinator at: TitleIXCoordinator@ccri.edu.
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher
education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available here:
CCRI recognizes that diversity and inclusivity are essential to creating a dynamic, positive and high-performing educational and work environment and to helping prepare our students for lifelong success. We welcome applicants who can contribute to the College’s commitment to excellence created by diversity and inclusivity.
CCRI prohibits discrimination, including harassment and retaliation, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or status as a protected veteran. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination shall be referred to the College’s Director of Institutional Equity & Title IX Coordinator, Elizabeth Canning.
The Jeanne Clery Act requires institutions of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available here: http://www.ccri.edu/campuspolice/clery/report/