Washington, DC, US, 20016
The Director, Digital Experience Systems leads the team responsible for support, configuration, integration, and improvements for the University’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and web application systems (e.g. university wide content management system), and associated enterprise-level software applications. This individual will develop and implement technology strategies and solutions that support the university’s objectives and ensure that the current technology products are creating value for our customers. The Director is responsible for managing the campus CRM and web application project portfolios and working with their teams to implement technology solutions to meet specified outcomes. S/he will be a strategic thinker and a hands-on technical manager, responsible for growing and mentoring individual team members, leading complex technology projects, and influencing groups outside their direct span of control. The incumbent understands the CRM and web product roadmap, prioritizes initiatives, and manages resource allocations, in support of University priorities. This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Solutions Engineering. The full Digital Experience Systems team includes approximately 12 team members.
- Direct, manage, and lead the CRM and web application teams as they implement high-quality, accessible and secure enterprise-wide technology solutions.
- Lead the development of university technology strategy, incorporating CRM, web, mobile, social, and analytics.
- Drives and leads stakeholders (in partnership with the Product Management team) and vendor partners through the continuous enhancement and delivery of new product functionality, ensuring a successful change management for the adoption of new CRM and web application functionality
- Develops and implements a framework for assessing the effectiveness of the deployed CRM and web application solutions, understanding the business value, challenges, and critical issues
- Engages other IT management staff, campus stakeholders, and vendor partners regarding enterprise CRM and web application architecture, capacity, planning, security, and usage
- Collaborate with team to understand priorities and plan technical projects and resource assignments in alignment with priorities
- Manage resource allocations to balance workloads and day-to-day responsibilities, leveraging individual team member’s technical, analytical, and project management strengths and expertise
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance, mentoring and support to team members for optimal performance and productivity
- Institute a culture of best practices
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Function Leader A
- Commensurate with experience
Required Education and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Progressively responsible experience with strategic technology planning, integrating complex systems, and designing interactive solutions leveraging CRM and/or technology
- IT technical and managerial experience in application development and implementation, demonstrated technical leadership, and process redesign capabilities
- Experience with CRM and enterprise web content management platforms
- Relevant experience leading projects to modernize enterprise applications
- Progressively responsible experience managing and developing staff; strong team building skills and ability to gain cooperation and motivate others
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with CRM products such as Ellucian CRM Recruit, Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce or Slate
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate, or equivalent
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to carefully manage resources for maximum return; proven ability to direct the activities of others in time sensitive critical projects; ability to multi task effectively, juggle multiple priorities and negotiate trade-offs
- Strong professional presence, energetic personality, can-do attitude, experience working with stakeholders at all organizational levels
- Strategic vendor management skills, including the ability to lead complex negotiations
- Strong experience evaluating and integrating third party technology solutions and services
- Strong experience following SDLC and iterative processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web Accessibility concepts
- Highly effective written and oral communications skills, strong presentation skills
- Interest in trends and developments within the technology industry and a passion for the potential of technology tools to transform processes
- Click here to learn about American University’s unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively “Protected Bases”) in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC