Director, Enterprise IT Infrastructure & Ops
Finance & Administration
ITS Enterprise Support
Detailed Job Description
RIT is looking for a Director, Enterprise IT Infrastructure & Operations to join the Information and Technology Services (ITS) team where we are always on to something amazing!
The person in this role will be a member of the IT leadership team and will report an Associate Chief Information Officer. The Director, Enterprise IT Infrastructure & Operation is an accomplished technology leader capable of leading the delivery of IT infrastructure services that support RIT’s mission critical business processes, both strategically and tactically. The Director is responsible for using best practices to securely manage day-to-day operations of RIT’s centrally managed enterprise IT infrastructure, including the campus network, telecommunications, data centers, server administration, and infrastructure applications (Identity and Access Management, DNS/DHCP, SMTP, AD/LDAP, etc.) The Director manages service delivery for RIT’s IT infrastructure with a strong emphasis on availability, capacity, sustainability, continuity, information security, and customer satisfaction.
- Directing three technical teams that support RIT’s Enterprise IT operations:
- Infrastructure Application Support team of eight staff responsible for identity/access management, DNS/DHCP, directory services, single sign on, IT service monitoring, license/certificate services, Azure, and other infrastructure applications.
- Network/Communications team of nine staff responsible for wired and wireless networking, telephony/VoIP, routers, switches, and Internet/Internet2 connectivity.
- Systems team of eleven staff responsible for server operating system administration (Windows/Linux), IT continuity, VMware, storage systems, and data center operations.
- Create workforce allocation plans for teams to ensure availability of staff necessary to accomplish departmental goals.
- Provide leadership and guidance to individuals and groups. Coach and develop staff to enhance skills and expertise in functional areas and leadership.
- Perform managerial functions of planning and evaluating performance, staff training and development, recruitment, and pay recommendations, subject to policies. Authorize hiring, firing, promotion, and reward within own area, in accordance with ACIO review and approval.
- Influence enterprise IT strategic direction and directs execution of strategies established by division leadership.
- Manage budgets for areas of responsibility.
- Develop, implement, and maintain operational plans, programs, and systems impacting the ITS division.
- Negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Recommend objectives, goals, and plans for the areas of responsibility with division leaders.
- Lead development of innovative approaches, requiring a high degree of creativity and collaboration with multiple areas within and external to the ITS division.
- Can build effective relationships with RIT business and college partners, vendors and ITS leadership and staff.
- May perform other duties as needed.
Information and Technology Services (ITS) is committed to serving the university’s information technology needs. We provide development, maintenance, and support for centralized administrative applications, technology infrastructure, and client computing, as well as support and advice for a wide variety of other information technology needs.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in information technology, computer science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 9 years of experience in information technology or other related experience
- 5 years of related managerial experience.
- Experience leading large, complex teams, projects, programs, and/or functions.
Employment Category: Fulltime
Staff Job Function: Wage Band: 124A
Required Application Documents
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
The direct link to this posting can be found here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/
Rochester Institute of Technology, the 10th largest private university in the U.S., is among the worlds leading technological universities. Its 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries are enrolled in over 200 academic programs, including 7 interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs. A pioneer in experiential education, RIT was the first to offer undergraduate degree programs in biotechnology, information technology, software engineering, and microelectronic engineering. As home to the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, the university offers unparalleled academic opportunities and services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Founded in 1829, RIT has 115,000 alumni throughout the United States and around the world. RIT has been named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the “Great Colleges to Work For.” RIT is a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Institutional Transformation site, and is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples through the Upstate NY Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. For more information, visit www.rit.edu/overview/rankings-and-recognition and www.rit.edu.
As a member of the RIT community employees receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with an employees pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs. More on RITs Benefits, Health & Wellness program can be found at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/benefits-health-and-wellness
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Govjeid-e63db77cd11d5c4c91b82be549616c9c