Job Category: Information Technology
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
The Director of Technology will set strategy and direction to deliver high quality technology services through an efficient infrastructure that aligns with the academic and business objectives of the College of Computing and Digital Media (CDM). The Director is responsible for development, infrastructure, services and information security.
Is This You?
Establish current and long-term direction for technology in CDM to meet the needs of the faculty, students and staff and ensure timely response to the university’s objectives in an environment of rapid change with regards to technology offerings and infrastructure platforms.
Reviews competitive analyses of new technologies and makes recommendations for solutions that fit CDM’s overall strategy. Negotiates vendor, outsourcing, and consultant contracts and service agreements for optimal benefit to CDM.
Oversees all aspects of policies, procedures, customer service, software architecture and design, development standards, infrastructure architecture, network engineering, operating system and storage and information and network security.
Manages HR functions related to tech staff including: recruitment and staffing and employee training and development. Responsible for tech related budget plans including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Masters Degree Preferred.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience required.
- The Director of Technology is responsible for a team of 16 staff that manage and support CDM’s Course-on-Line system, classroom/lab tech and AV support, and software development.
- The Director of Technology has responsibility for the tech related budget plans including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- This position requires understanding of complex organizations and proficiency with strategic management, change management, human resource management, technology and business process design, and written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Matching retirement plan up to 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents!
- Full-Time Benefits
- Part-Time Benefits
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or email@example.com.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.