This position has a high campus impact as it supports mission-critical systems and applications used by the entire population of student, faculty, staff, and university affiliates.
The mission of Information and Educational Technology (IET) is to create and support an information technology environment that enhances the ability of the UC Davis community to teach, do research and provide public service. In support of the University’s mission, IET will deliver an infrastructure of technological services appropriate to the requirements of the campus community.
To see all IET job posting, please click on https://iet.ucdavis.edu/jobs
THIS RECRUITMENT IS NOT A VISA OPPORTUNITY.
Under the general supervision of the Professional Services Manager, works with a high degree of decision-making autonomy in the area of application development and support. This position serves as the supervisor of the Enterprise Applications development team. This position develops, manages, operates and maintains complex learning management systems, lecture capture, faculty administrative applications and a series of integration services. Key responsibilities include supervision, application architecture, security, data regulatory compliance, scrum master, and product management.
$92,700/Annually – $230,200/Annually
No. of Positions
Percentage of Time
Full Time 100%
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Apply by Date
- Lift and move materials weighing up to 25 pounds. Work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Work in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Occasional travel required.
- Due to the mission-critical services provided by this department, this position may work hours other than M-F 8-5, especially in response to system problems.
- Travel between campus and off-campus locations.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Experience leading, managing and/or supervising diverse technical teams.
- Experience architecting solutions for complex software applications and diverse systems, consistent with business requirements; and write technical specifications.
- Experience using secure coding practices to minimize security vulnerabilities.
- Experience in database technology and in developing and using Structured Query Language (SQL) to perform queries on database platforms such as MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server as well as NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB and MongoDB.
- Experience in developing standards-based inter-application communication using APIs or other web services technologies.
- Experience managing an Agile SLDC process using Atlassian Jira or other scrum board/Kanban solution.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with long-term planning in a technical environment.
- Experience migrating legacy applications to cloud native solutions in Amazon AWS.
- Experience developing project proposals with clear objectives, budget, and timelines.
- Experience defining complex business requirements for software applications and systems and to write effective business requirement specifications.
- Experience working with UX designers and/or using design thinking frameworks.
- Experience using full-term software development life-cycle, including the use of a revision control system such as Github or Bitbucket and bug reporting systems such as Jira.
- Experience working in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience managing applications that contain data subject to governmental regulations, such as FERPA.
- Experience communicating and/or describing technical specifications and requirements to technical and non-technical audiences.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
COVID – 19
The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.