Join our team as a Food Prep/Banquet Chef in Yellowstone National Park!
If you want to cook amazing food in America’s first national park, we have a position for you! Our operations stretch over 2.2 million acres of breathtaking scenery, amidst steam, geysers, trout streams, magnificent wildlife and more. We are searching for a Food Prep/Banquet Chef to take on a leadership role supporting events and banquets in the park and assist in training the culinary staff thoughout the park..
The Food Prep/Banquet Chef is responsible for providing excellent culinary experiences for our events and banquets. The position will also assist in training, mentoring and supporting culinary staff in the kitchens throughout the park. In this position, you will work under the Executive Sous Chef of Ala Carte Operations. Check out our food and beverage team here.
- Position Type: Full-Time, Seasonal
- Season Dates End of March 2022- End of November 2022
- Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week
- Location: The food and beverage department is based out of Mammoth Hot Springs in the park
In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities included
All meals provided including breakfast, lunch, and dinner included
No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, van trips, hiking, and more).
$350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
Click here for more perks
Why Choose Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook!
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service.
- Participate and support in banquet and event preparation and execution.
- Train, support, mentor and follow-up with all hot and cold food preparation positions including prep cooks, cafeteria cooks, AM and PM line cooks and pantry personnel in food handling and culinary fundamentals.
- Develop and maintain an effective and productive working relationship with the field food managers and the Food & Beverage Support Staff.
- Maintain established Xanterra standards of sanitation throughout the BOH operation.
- Ensure that NPS approved food specifications, recipes and preparation methods are being adhered to.
- Assist in the replacement of all training materials needed in the field, i.e. recipe manuals, resource manuals, training specs.
- Identify safety and sanitation concerns while on location and provide corrective action to be taken by the field food managers.
- Assist in gathering all necessary resource manual components as directed before the field operations are closed for the season.
- Train and retrain Knife and Blade Safety on a regularly scheduled basis while in the field.
- Follow Company and departmental environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
- Follow Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
- Follow Company and departmental policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- .Commitment to providing excellent guest service.
- Must possess strong culinary skills in hot and cold food preparation for all meal periods.
- Banquet and catering production experience required.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to teach and direct employees to accomplish their work-related goals.
- Ability to prioritize time and workload.
- Ability to work cooperatively within the department and Company.
- Ability to perform under varying levels of stress.
- Working knowledge of positions trained.
- Working knowledge of all equipment used within the BOH operation.
- Advanced knowledge of food safety and sanitation standards required.
- Advanced knowledge of food preparation methods and techniques required.
- Knowledge of Yellowstone Park food operations helpful.
- Knowledge of Company structure and policies helpful.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- In-park and overnight stays required.
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Certification in the ServeSafe food-handling program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
Must be able to work in differing environments; i.e., cold freezers, hot prep areas, outside areas.