Requisition ID: req17993
Working Title: IT Project Mgr 3
Position Grade: 14
UNM Information Technologies is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Enterprise Project Manager. Qualified individuals will be expected to lead and manage the development of large technology projects with direct impact on the core enterprise operations and processes of the University and provide mentoring and support to UNM staff using the PMO’s methodology and tools. Project Managers work with Directors and managers to align projects to meet business and IT needs and with managers and staff across the University to drive adoption of best practices that improve our return on technology investment. Strong skills are required in project management, business analysis, system development life cycle, cost and quality management, team building, conflict resolution, problem solving and organizational change management. The candidate must have demonstrated experience with technology projects in a large and complex organization, and in implementation of technical services that conform to the Information Technology Infrastructure Library. Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology, and an understanding of information requirements of a major research university are required.
See the Position Description for additional information.
Conditions of Employment
- Specialty licensure/certification may be required, as specified by the department.
- Successful candidate may be subject to a criminal background check prior to starting work.
- Employees who provide services or work in patient care or clinical areas are required to be in compliance with the University’s influenza vaccination requirement.
Bachelor’s degree; at least 2 years of progressively responsible experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Higher education and/or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification issued by the Project Management Institute
- Understanding of and experience with various project management style approaches (waterfall, agile, hybrid)
- Experience with System Development Life Cycles
- Certification in ITIL
- Understanding of IT architecture
- Experience at a public higher education institution
- Experience in developing user training tools and job aids and making presentations to diverse audiences
- Experience in helping a project management office improve and implement better business practices, tools, and templates
- Experience with MS Project and MS Teams is a plus
Campus: Main – Albuquerque, NM
Department: IT Project Management Office (PMO) (316A)
Employment Type: Staff
Staff Type: Regular – Full-Time
Pay: $4,088.93 – $5,928.00 Monthly
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
Background Check Required: No
For Best Consideration Date: 11/18/2021
Only applications submitted through
the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please
visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Include Resume & Cover Letter
The University of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.