Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 25 million users and 200,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
You’ll team up with five world-class iOS engineers and take over full responsibility for our iOS app. Touching all parts of the iOS app, your work will make outdoor adventures easily accessible to our users. You’ll develop diverse features for navigation, routing, social interaction, and content visualization that will make your work challenging and fun.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Develop innovative new features from the first idea and concept over to road map planning, implementation, testing, release, and monitoring.
- Work in one of our cross-functional squads of backend, web, and mobile developers, designers, copywriters, QA, data scientists, and product experts.
- Team up with Matthias, Barbara, Marco, Chris, and Florent to build a state-of-the-art iOS app with up to 2 million monthly active users.
- Release frequently with continuous builds, testing, and direct team feedback.
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with a truly inspiring product that brings real-life value to our users and empowers them to explore more of the great outdoors.
- We offer challenging tasks, such as turn-by-turn navigation, maps, on-/offline hybrids, data synchronization, and nearly everything the iOS platform offers.
- We believe good ideas and commitment count more than titles.
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people.
- This is a remote role and you are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3. Beach? The mountains? Or a co-working space (covered by us)?
- You’ll have a self-determined job with personal responsibility to move things forward, shape the processes and choose the tools you need to do your best work.
- You’ll join an international and fully remote team spread across all of Europe with a common mission – to inspire great adventures, making them accessible to all.
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides. Check out these videos to find out more about us (https://bit.ly/39xtIrn).
- You get 38 days of annual leaves (including public holidays, which vary by country)
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible, and keen to learn and improve.
- Love to develop awesome products with a focus on great user experiences.
- Have 4+ years of professional experience with developing high-quality production iOS apps.
- Have 3+ years of professional experience in Swift development.
- Love to work full-stack on native iOS apps.
- Have a deep and up-to-date knowledge of iOS design principles and patterns, the core iOS frameworks, and technologies.
- Write code that’s readable, well documented, and meaningfully tested.
- Are a great team player and communicator in a diverse and international remote team.
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- 38 days of vacation (incl. public holidays)
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on your professional development: classes, conferences, books – you decide!
- Discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from anywhere in Europe
- Three whole-company gatherings per year in beautiful locations
- Optional “togetherness” trips with your team
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office
- The latest devices and equipment to do your best work
Please mention the word PRAISEWORTHY when applying to show you read the job post completely. This is a feature to avoid fake spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and instantly see they’re human / RNjkuMTY3LjE1Mi4yMA==
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Developer, iOS, Developer and Swift jobs that are similar:
$60,000 — $142,500/year
Sound like you?
Great, we would love to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A covering letter explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Examples of your work (e.g. apps, GitHub, your private projects, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one.
Apply for this job
👉 Please reference you found the job on Remote OK, this helps us get more companies to post here, thanks!
When applying for jobs, you should NEVER have to pay to apply. You should also NEVER have to pay to buy equipment which they then pay you back for later. Also never pay for trainings you have to do. Those are scams! NEVER PAY FOR ANYTHING! Posts that link to pages with “how to work online” are also scams. Don’t use them or pay for them. Also always verify you’re actually talking to the company in the job post and not an imposter. A good idea is to check the domain name for the site/email and see if it’s the actual company’s main domain name. Scams in remote work are rampant, be careful! Read more to avoid scams. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Remote OK and go to the job application page for that company outside this site. Remote OK accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.