Senior Data Engineer
TARGETSMART SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
Salary Range: $105,000 – $130,000
A TargetSmart Senior Data Engineer’s role is to lead and implement data engineering projects, support and maintain data pipelines, and provide expertise and best practices regarding data engineering for staff across the company. Typical data engineering projects focus on improving performance and adding feature to existing data pipelines. As needed, the Senior Data Engineer will design and develop new data engineering pipelines as part of the Data Engineering Team. Further, the Senior Data Engineer will help decide how and implement improvements to pipeline, systems, and infrastructure.
Senior Data Engineers are expected to have an in-depth understanding of data engineering best practices as well as expertise with the tools needed to debug and diagnose issues. Senior Data Engineers contribute as a team member to testing, QA, and documentation of data pipelines and systems.
The TargetSmart Data Engineering Team is a small agile team of motivated individuals who welcome challenges, adapt quickly, strive to acquire new knowledge, learn new technologies, accept new responsibilities, and work well individually, as a team, and with other teams within the organization. You will work closely with the Data Engineering Lead, product managers, workflow developers and other software engineers to advance projects and meet objectives.
We seek an experienced engineer that is interested in pursuing an advanced individual contributor technical career track over a technical management career track.
Senior Data Engineer Expectations:
- Maintain in-depth understanding of relevant data engineering best practices
- Display expertise with tools needed to debug and diagnose issues
- Given a medium to large understood problem, can design, implement, and deploy a solution
- Show initiative and help when needed without being asked
- Deliver feedback in a constructive manner
- Provide guidance to other engineers and workflow developers
- Work well with technical leads, incorporating feedback as needed
- Support TargetSmart’s culture and mission as a leading Democratic & Progressive political data and data services firm.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- AWS: S3 Data Lake, Athena, Redshift, EMR, Glue, ECS
- Proficiency with Python in a data engineering context. Ex: Pandas, PySpark, Petl
- Source control using Git
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with workflow orchestration concepts
- Adaptable to Windows, Linux, and container-based deployment environments
- Workflow performance, scaling, and optimization. Big Data solutions in some cases.
- Security & privacy principals
Desired Skills & Qualifications
About the Company
About TargetSmart Communications
TargetSmart is a leading provider of political data and technology that enables campaigns and organizations to successfully communicate with large audiences, personalize outreach, and create lasting relationships. Our superior politically-focused, consultative approach combines consumer data, databases, data integration and consulting solutions for personalized multichannel marketing strategies. TargetSmart leverages over 25 years of experience in data management to deliver high-performance, reliable data products and solutions.